Foster’s Fund is a charitable fund established by Kevin, designed to support charities and community projects within the Torbay constituency. The work they do is absolutely vital and often goes unrecognised, so this is Kevin’s small way of supporting these projects in a practical way.
Foster’s Fund is based on a pledge made by Torbay’s MP when he was first elected to parliament in 2015. He pledged to not only oppose the 10% pay rise proposed for MPs at the time, but to reject it via donations to local charities if IPSA implemented it despite his objections. Kevin renewed this pledge at the last General Election in December 2019 and has promised to continue Foster’s Fund until at least May 2024. Since 2009 MPs have not voted on their own pay, with Kevin also adding last year’s 2.7% rise for MPs (Determined by IPSA, the independent body who decides MPs’ pay) to the amount donated each month.
Charities and community projects can apply for up to £1,000 from Foster's Fund for a project or event they would like support for. By law any award from Foster’s Fund must be paid into the bank account of a registered charity. To be eligible for Foster’s Fund the project being funded must be based, or aiming to do most of its work, in Kevin’s Constituency.
Recent donations from the fund included:
- £1,000 – Unleashed Theatre Company – contribution towards repairs in the auditorium and projection room.
- £500 – The Thrive Project – contribution towards items and refurbishment needed for a Sunday Games Club.
- £300 – Tuesday Tea Times – Supporting monthly meetings and activities at All Saint’s, Babbacombe.
- £300 – St Martin’s Cooking Heroes – Project to help local families with the cost of living including how to cook healthy meals, teach budgeting and growing your own fruit and veg.
- £250 – Cycle Torbay – help to fix bikes and thrive through active travel.
Application forms can be downloaded from the bottom of this page and should be sent to Kevin@kevinjfoster.com or posted to Kevin Foster MP, 5-7 East St, Torquay, TQ2 5SD If you have any queries or would like to check your project would be eligible for Foster's Fund you can call Kevin's office on 01803 214 989.